Welcome to ky_awards! For those of you who have ventured over here on behalf of curiosity purposes, the abbreviation "KY" stands for the honorable mangaka "Kaori Yuki", or Yuki Kaori, the artist of Angel Sanctuary, Count Cain, Boys Next Door, and many other gorgeous peices. This community is an icontest solely for those who worship the beautiful art of Kaori Yuki-sama, and design icons.
Each week there will be a theme in which icon creators may design and submit an icon for. Members will be able to vote for their favorites, and icons will be posted in 1st through 3rd place, and moderator's choice.
001. Icon submitting will be open from noon PST Monday, when the new theme will be presented, to six PST on Friday.
002. Members may submit one icon per theme with an icon related to the theme. Icons must be related to any of Kaori Yuki's manga and must be compatible with LJ requirements (at least 100x100, no more than 40k).
003. You may vote for two icons when there are a max of 6 entries, or you may vote for 3 when there are 7+. There will be a Mod's choice when there is 8+ icons, so that there aren't more winners than runners up (all participants rock!!).
004. Only vote for your icon if you feel it's the best there, and for Heaven's sakes, please don't advertise your icon and rally your pals to vote for you.
005. Be respectful in the fact that you will not steal other's icons, criticize or anything else. Icons posted here may only be used with proper permission and credit from the icon creator.
006. Submitting an icon means that you agree to these terms and conditions, and that the icon you are submitting was made purely for the means of this community, as well as the fact that YOU MADE IT.
If the theme incorporated in your icon could be questionable (namely if the words are hard to find or read, if the words are written in a foreign language, etc), make sure you specify in the submitter's comments. Or you can just say hi. Really, I like comments. They're fun to read.
souppy will be uploading each submission to her own space to make sure privacy is secured.
Icon submitting begins on Sunday, after the new theme is posted. You have until Friday at 3:00 PM PST to send in your icon.
Voting will begin Friday at 3:00 PST (or 3:01, or whenever I can get to the computer...) as early as possible to Saturday evening at six PST. Winners will be posted at 6:00 PST (or, again, possibly at 6:01). A new theme will be granted on Saturday after the previous weeks' winners have been posted.
Votes will be screened. Vote for your favorite three icons if there are 7+ icons, and your favorite two if there are 6 or less.